Although it’s fairly easy to create a Photo Album slideshow in PowerPoint 2007, the only option to convert it to 16:9 squashes all the photos. Obviously, not what we’re after.
Here’s how to get it in true 16:9:
- Open a new PowerPoint presentation
- Under Insert, click Photo Album.
- Click File/Disk, and choose any of your pictures - don’t worry about selecting all of them or formatting just yet, just hit Create.
- Under Design, click Page Setup and change Slides size for to On-screen Show (16:9). Your picture will now look distorted, but don’t worry, we’re not finished!
- Under Insert, click the small arrow under Photo Album, then Edit Photo Album.
- Click File/Disk, and select all of the pictures you’d like to include, including the one that you had already added.
- Add any formatting you’d like, and hit Create.
- Delete the second slide which contains the distorted picture.
And you’re done!